Welcome

This idea of sustainability can be overwhelming. Everything is going green. What does it mean? Why should I care? Can I really make a difference? What's the difference between greenwashing and the real deal? I hope to share what I'm learning in small bites to make it easy for everyone to follow. It can be easy and simple if we care enough to start.

I work for an environmental building consultant and am pursuing a BA in Design Management at ASU with a few classes in sustainability mixed in. I'm trying to sort this all out as a husband and father.

Saturday, January 17, 2009

Light Rail Suggestions

Thai is probably my last post on Metro Light Rail in Phoenix. I have a couple of pointers that will help you understand some of the intricacies of riding. The first is the yellow button on the doors. There is no rhyme or reason why the doors open automatically or not. Whether you are standing on the platform waiting to board or anxiously waiting to exit, the yellow button is your key to passage. All you need to do if the door does not open for you is press the yellow button and the door will open. I have seen many a passenger standing on the platform in disbelief as the train rolls away without them. I can't invent a hand signal to alert them from my seat.

The other tidbit is to wait on the far end of the platform. If your train is approaching from the left, stand at the far right of the platform so you are not scurrying to catch the train when it stops. The platforms are very long, and the trains will not generally stop until they are at the end of the platform.

No comments:

Post a Comment